The Maritime and Port Union of New Caledonia was founded on January 27, 2010 in Noumea at the initiative of Jean-Pierre Héraut, founder and former CEO of TTI – SDV, an international transit company.
Jean-Pierre Héraut was an active figure in maritime transport in New Caledonia. As president of the Professional Union of Customs Authorized and Freight Forwarders of New Caledonia, he worked to gather and optimize the flow of goods on the territory.
In April 2013, he created the GIPANC (New Caledonia Port and Airport Information Management) whose main mission is the purchase, development and operation of the Port Community System, the unique computer system dedicated to the management of goods flows.
Founding members of the UMEP
- Syndicat Professionnel des Agréés en Douane et des Transitaires (SPADET)
- Chambre Syndicale des Agents et Consignataires de Navires (CSACN)
- L’Union des Industriels de la manutention portuaire (UNIMAP)
- Le syndicat professionnel des pilotes maritimes de Nouvelle-Calédonie (SPPM NC)
- La Chambre de Commerce et de l’Industrie de Nouvelle-Calédonie (CCI-NC)