The Maritime and Port Union of New Caledonia was founded on January 27, 2010 in Nouméa on the initiative of Jean-Pierre Héraut, founder and former general manager of TTI – SDV, an international transit company.
Jean-Pierre Héraut was an active figure in maritime transport in New Caledonia. As president of the Professional Trade Union of Authorised Customs and Freight Forwarders of New Caledonia (SPADET), he worked for the gathering and optimization of the flows of goods in the territory.
In April 2013, he created the GIPANC (Gestion Informatique Portuaire et Aéroport de Nouvelle-Calédonie) which has for main mission the purchase, development and operation of the Cargo Community System, the unique computer system dedicated to the management of the flows of goods.
Founding members of UMEP
- Professional Trade Union of Authorised Customs and Freight Forwarders (SPADET)
- Trade Union Chamber of Ship Agents and Consignees (CSACN)
- The Union of Industrial Port Handling (UNIMAP)
- New Caledonia Marine Pilots Trade Union (SPPM NC)
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of New Caledonia (CCI-NC)